Who thought healthy eating entailed going without fries? We just need to switch it up a little so throw out that bag of processed fries in the freezer and have a go at making these instead. Cooked in coconut oil with a little kick of spice, you don’t have to feel any guilt eating these because they are my healthy alternative.
These fries would go perfectly with a big juicy steak or maybe even a salmon steak, add some of my watercress pesto and you have the perfect home cooked meal for any day of the week, easy peasy!
I use Cayenne pepper on these fries for a little extra spice, depending on how hot you like the heat increase or decrease the amount accordingly but it’s certainly worth adding a little. This little spice is renowned for its powerful medicinal qualities, used for pain relief, prostate cancer, lowering blood pressure, it even speeds up your metabolism so it should definitely be a valued addition to your spice collection.
- 2 large parsnips
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Peel the parsnips and cut into thin slices the size of fries
- Melt the coconut oil either in a pan or I melted mine on the baking tray for a minute in the preheated oven.
- Coat the parsnips in the oil and spices and put in the oven on 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden.